- Disneyland Resort
- Knott's Berry Farm
- Six Flag's Magic Mountain
So my goal with the next three posts is to document my personal experience at these three amusement parks. My experience will be relevant to you if you have a disability similar to mine. Here is a brief description of my injury and resulting capability.
- I am a 40-year-old man in reasonably good health
- I have a complete Spinal Cord Injury at T4/T5
- I am paralyzed from the chest down with quite a bit of tone and spasticity that I manage with Baclofen. However, I keep the dosage pretty low so I still have quite a bit of clonus (ankle spasms)
- I have good upper body strength that allows me to transfer in and out of my wheelchair reasonably consistently.
- I make my way in the world with an Invacare Crossfire T6 Titanium. It's a manual rigid frame wheelchair.